Everyday products to take note of – #1 Sunscreen
Let’s focus on the everyday products that have naughty chemicals in them, which can have an impact over time with constant use.
First up… Sunscreen
Sunscreen is a necessity we use every day or almost every day and in my case, twice a day, as I have melasma due to not using sunscreen when growing up. The number of times we apply sunscreen to our skin and our children’s skin…it’s really one of those products where you have to make sure it hasn’t got any nasty chemicals. The skin is our biggest organ and of course, absorbs a certain amount of what you put on it. All it takes is a few minutes to check the ingredients on the back and make sure it doesn’t have these:
Ingredients you DON’T want:
Oxybenzone – The Worst!
Retinyl palmitate (vitamin A)
Look for sunscreens with:
Zinc (20%) – clear
There’s a lot on the market to choose from that’s better for you and your skin.
My Favorites are:
- Thinksport SPF 50 for kids (it goes on a little white, to begin with, and then disappears) $9.99 Amazon link: https://amzn.to/2R87dND
- CVS, Target, Walmart $12.99
- Badger SPF 35 Clear Zinc Sports Sunscreen (this is a little sticky, but goes on clear) $12.94 Amazon link: https://amzn.to/2q318Xd
- CVS, Target, Walgreens, Safeway.
- ALL Good Sunscreen $13.70 – Most chemist
- Goddess garden organics SPF 30 – Most chemist
So there are my two bits worth 🙂