Tackling one room at a time, – The kitchen.
Staying at home with teenagers isn’t so bad, in fact, I seem to have more time to do things…go figure? So I’m going back to where the House Detox all started and I’m doing a clean, room by room. So because I’ll be spending quite a bit of time cooking our meals I wanted to focus on the kitchen first.
Here’s how I do it:
- Start with the Fridge, take out all the drawers, remove contents, wash with hot soapy water, dry and put back everything that is not past due date.
- Wipe down the inside walls and corners with my homemade vinegar spray (see the video on Facebook)
- Take a photo of what’s in your fridge so that you can sit and go through what you need, without having to go back and forth and keeping your door open.
- Move onto your cupboards, take everything out, wipe inside and out with your surface spray, put everything back.
- Most importantly is giving a good clean to all the outside areas of the cupboards.
- Re-arrange your pantry and take note of what is needed.
- Clean out your bins, disinfectant and wipe down.
- Give your oven a good clean and pick up burnt bits of food, wipe down the stovetop with the vinegar spray
- Clean your microwave.
- Lastly, sweep and mop the floor.
Done! Kitchen germ-free, clean and in order.
Add a nice green plant for added air filtration and a nice calming effect.