The Scent of Candles

I love going into a shop and smelling the different scented candles, but that’s as far as I go, I never buy. The reason being is I used to burn them and for some reason, I’d get a headache and feel really sleepy.

I found out the problem is most candles are made out of paraffin a product of petroleum also known as crude oil and so when you light it, you release benzene and toluene into the air and inhale it in. Exposure to VOC’s (volitlie organic compound) can cause : headache, dizziness, memory problems, visual disorders, loss of coordination, nausea and fatigue..Damn!

So unless you like feeling this way, I’d look at buying only 100% beeswax or soy candles scented with 100% essential oils and make sure you leave a window open as well.

Personally I burn essential oils instead and it’s alot cleaner.

Here is an article that explains it more deeply: https://www.earth.com/news/scented-candles-toxic-particles/

Michelle@The House Detox

Michelle@The House Detox

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *