Working from home the feng shui way.
Now that we are in lockdown and my kids are doing online learning, I felt the need to have my own space, to think, write and organize because who knows how long this will go on for?? And I for one need my own space so I can be a better mother and wife.
So I spent all up $48 on a desk from Kmart, a plant, a lamp and a small bamboo filing cabinet put it all together and made some space in my bedroom and I feel so happy right now 🙂 I think it’s important to have your own space to go to, to work.
I found some great tips and wanted to share them with you.
- Place your desk the furthest away from the door and if possible have your back against the wall and assume the “power position” unfortunately I’m unable to have my back to the wall, but it feels right how I’ve it set up, so I’m going with my gut.
- Put up some artwork or pictures
- Declutter the space around you
- Add some air-filtering plants (I like these ones): Golden Pothos, Zamioculcas (money plant) Fiddle Fig leaf tree, Snake plant, Gerbera Daisy, Rubber tree plant, Moth orchid, Swiss Cheese plant.
- Sit in a chair you love that feels comfortable.
And don’t forget to clean up your desk at the end of your workday, organize it and then walk away. A healthy work/life balance is more important now than ever. Also, turn off your computer from the wall when you go to bed, so you admit less emf’s.